Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Burrows


 It's Owl Day again. Get an 8x10 archival print. 

Burrows Print

Finally caught up. Months ago I dreamed that Daddy and I were playing a Gettysburg game. I've finally started it. I'm working on the box top. It depicts the fall of Major General Reynolds and is called GETTYSBURG. After some thought I chose him for the cover because he was killed instantly leading his troops into battle on the first day, my best witches and I had gotten an old time picture taken in the house where his body was taken, and he was from Lancaster. I know a lot about Gettysburg, but after beginning the sketch I've discovered my choice was better than expected. He's not buried in Gettysburg National Cemetery, although there is a monument in honor of him right at the front of the graveyard. He's buried in Lancaster Cemetery, so I'm going to have to visit there soon and get a picture. He went to school nearby in Lititz. When I first moved here I heard the gunshot across the street of another man shot in the head and killed instantly, he was from Lititz. Reynolds was the most highly decorated soldier killed at Gettysburg. He had been to New Orleans. Forty-two when he was killed, a Virgo, he was secretly engaged. As I was lying in bed thinking about my game, like I'm apt to do, I thought The Black Death game will be next. If I can't sell them I'll figure out how to sell them myself on Ebay. I can do everything myself as usual with pie boxes, prints, and glue. I'll keep you updated. 

More Owls