Saturday, September 19, 2026

I'm a Big Old Limey Druid Celt

   No idea why my Ancestry DNA results came as such a surprise this morning. I know I was channeling Mummy due to the cussing. I was giddy all day at the cave working through the results. My brother and I are a whopping 86% English and Irish. We are 56% English. I expected as much German, but we are more Dutch than German, 3%! In fact, we are as much Icelandic as German, 2%. Does this explain Mummy's "Native American"? If so, it predates the Iroquois. Daddy always did say that his grandfather's family was Austrian as far as he knew, but 5% means that Great-Grand-Pap Andres couldn't have been all "German". 43% of my English comes from the southeast, including Belgium and Brussels, so some of Mummy's "German" relatives were possibly Flemish and Dutch. The 86% includes: the southeast, west midlands, Devon, Somerset, Connacht, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Munster, and Leinster. Glenn and I are as much Druid Celt as anybody ever was considering they now believe that the Druids were more of a religion than a race. The fact that the voices in my head know all of the answers is proof that everything was committed to memory and some things are never really forgotten. Here I thought I was what we call Heinz 57 in Pittsburgh, and I've been Boudicca all along. 

I'm a Big Old Limey Druid Celt

   No idea why my Ancestry DNA results came as such a surprise this morning. I know I was channeling Mummy due to the cussing. I was giddy a...