Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Dolls & Dreams 8/11

 

8/11

  My first dream took place in a big old school where I was working. There was a craft fair, and a woman had a table of crafts and a round basket on the floor overflowing with stuffed primitives. I had a gray rabbit in my hand and sorted through the basket finding more rabbits. An older woman behind me took three rabbits. I found another, black rabbit, with very long arms and short legs. There was a bee who had a $62 price tag on his head. There was a furry gingerbread man with a pattern stuck on his tacky backside. Removing the pattern that featured a small girl on the cover, the ginger man’s backside was covered with gingerbread scratch and sniff stickers. He was $20, and I held on to him. I found a large Holly Hobbie type of doll with a blue and red gingham gown and bonnet. Her face was soft sculpted sort of like a Cabbage Patch Kid only linen, not stockinette. Her eyes were halfway closed. She was $64. I took them both to the vendor who was busy with another customer. I waited, then put them back. I was walking down the hall where a little boy with brown hair was turning somersaults. His dad, a colleague of mine, grabbed him up, calling him sweetheart. 

  The second dream seemed like an extension of the first. Ron and I drove out to a doll show on a snowy night. The show also took place in an old school. At first, we thought that it had been cancelled, because it was dark, and there weren’t many people around. Ron was straggling, and I left him behind. I came across a family. Their boy, a preteen, said that he had gone down the hall looking for his old room, but it was vacant. The floor was dirt. I did see a big cardboard box of old dolls but didn’t want any of them.

Dana's Dreams

Dana's Dreams Two

Dolls & Dreams 8/11

  8/11   My first dream took place in a big old school where I was working. There was a craft fair, and a woman had a table of crafts and a ...