Friday, August 2, 2024

Dreams 8/2


 The dreaming began with a cloth bound book missing its dust jacket. It was purple and had an old woman in an apron embossed in sparkling turquoise. She might've been a witch. She seemed to be dancing, her apron was caught up in the breeze. Beneath her two children crouched by a washtub. They looked Dutch by their wooden clogs. The girl had long braided pigtails. It might've been a book of fairy tales. 

  In the following dream I was in a cafeteria eating lunch with my friend, Rick. There was a dance coming up, and Rick seemed too thick to realize I wanted him to take me. Later, after the dance, we were leaving, and my grade school friend, Karen, was at the door. She wanted to talk to Rick who was disinterested. 

  The third dream began with me packing for a hiking trip. My backpack was very heavy, and I moved like a turtle due to the two hardback books, one my gigantic college Shakespeare book. I was wearing Mummy's thick brown parka. I'd gotten to an Asian woman's apartment where I opted to leave the Shakespeare and switch to her much lighter leather vest that was loaded with little zippered pockets up the sides. I slipped some pot into the bottom pocket on the left. She didn't seem very happy about the lending. I think her husband was going on the field trip with us. He looked very much like that count in France who murdered his entire family and skipped the country. He wore rose or amber colored sunglases, not sure which, they seemed to change. When I got on the bus it was already very crowded, the black pleather seats were mostly taken. My Aunt Judy was there, a woman in a tan jacket sat beside her. The spot next to my highschool English teacher, Chris, was free, but she had a little black satchel there. She smiled uncomfortably. I sat down adjacent to Aunt Judy and was chatting with her when I woke.