Friday, July 12, 2024

Dreams 7/12


 I've forgotten my dreams the last few nights, haven't been sleeping well. Tonight I dreamed Mummy and I were at an old-fashioned country fair. There was a barn with a new wooden floor that held several shops with stalls and then little booth types of shops like you'd see at The Ren Fest outside. There was a blonde woman with a booth, and I wanted three items she was selling: a green cloaked crocheted finger puppet, a tiny walnut box, and something else, some sort of trinket or silver button that is slipping my mind, maybe stationery? She had said that the green puppet had taken a long time to make, and I said, "I bet". It must've been pricey.  Anyway, Mummy had my money and when I went back to the booth it wasn't the same young blonde with the black cord around her neck but an older couple. The woman was putting some vinyl Irish stickers in my little brown bag, and I asked Mummy how much money I had left. She said, "$5,300", and I said, "that couldn't be right". I was thinking more like fifty-three dollars. I told the woman I wanted the crochet doll, that was really just a cloak, that the other woman had called Leanan Sidhe, Glaconer, or something of the like. The man at the booth overheard me and said the blonde was not even Irish, that she was Swiss, and something else about her head and being a phony. I was thinking maybe I couldn't get everything I'd wanted when the woman asked, "You didn't see her, did you?" Assuming she meant the Leanan Sidhe, I said fortunately not, but that I had heard the Banshee at the exact time that my cousin had died, and that there was a young black boy with me outside that heard her too. We thought somebody was getting raped or murdered in the woods, and I went to investigate, but he was too afraid. I was telling her how my cousin's mother was Irish when Shiner woke me up.