Sunday, June 9, 2024

Mehitable goes to the Beach

We rounded out our WWII Weekend with a trip to the beach. It was just Blue Marsh Lake up the road, but Mehitable had fun. ⛱ I brought a couple of books and nearly finished the Betta book anyways. It says Bettas live longer and are more colorful if you feed them live bugs once a week. I might try. I had moved Krishna, the African Dwarf Frog, to Julius's and Tattoo's little tank because he was always hiding underneath the bush from Vishnu who did eat Buddah, Atif, and Lassit, the Glowlight Tetras. I had been trying to feed Krishna a variety of foods: algae wafers, daphnia, mysis, bloodworms, and flakes but I had yet to see him eat even if I put a wafer up to his face. I went to the pet store and got him a girlfriend, Diana, she's pinker and whiter than the brown Krishna, and she's slenderer. The girl there introduced me to Dwarf Frog Pellets. They sink, and you feed each frog five to ten tiny pellets a day. As soon as I dropped them in I noticed him foraging straight away, plus, Tattoo, the emerald Cory Cat, loves them, so I gave some to Neptune, Ector, and Shiva who are now with Vishnu. Even though they're different species they still school together. I thought Neptune was peppered and Shiva was a panda because she has a mask, but they might be male and female. They're always cuddling. I'm going to have to look into it. Like them, Shini, the only remaining Glowlight, schools with Tom, Tom, Nimue, and Morgana, the Neon and Black Neon Tetras. Merlin chases them round the cylindrical tank. I think they're playing, Tom and Tom are a year old, but Jack N Oph and Ron say otherwise. Merlin has had four months to kill them if he wanted, but the fatter Tom does seem to have a red spot that I don't remember. It's possibly a Merlin nibble.