Monday, September 9, 2024

The Scarecrow (Fantasy, Drama) PBS Public Broadcasting - 1972


Free Marquee TV this week. Was happy to discover this. Can tell already it's based on a Hawthorne story I used to teach, Feathertop. Now that I see it's on YouTube think I'll wait to watch it and check out The Entity, think that's a ballet. That book rocks too. 

Update: not the same Entity, a few minutes in, I'm calling that a stinker. Trying Gershwin's World, then. They can't ruin that. Can they? 

Second update: the Gershwin is cool, but it's just music, and I can listen to Gershwin any time. Dowland Dance, The Washigton Ballet with music by Sting, is more my thing. 

Third update: hip, hip, hooray! The Royal Opera has finally come back to The Beatrix Potter Ballet! The original is one of my favorite things. I remember watching it with Mummy in the den as a kid. My Grandpap and Aunt Fawnie got me the original hardback book for Christmas. I still have it. 💓🐇💓