Thursday, August 15, 2024

That's Service

Starting the box top of my GETTYSBURG game last night I discovered Major General John Reynolds was not buried in Gettysburg National Cemetery, rather Lancaster Cemetery which is less than a half an hour away. Tonight we visited there. The sun was setting, and the cicadas were singing. It was the birthday of the very first grave I read. Funny but I had the same thing happen to me years ago in Hollywood Cemetery, Richmond. It was Daddy's birthday. Just like Lilydale I was automatically directed right to Reynolds' grave. I had no idea that Lancaster Cemetery is a world class cemetery rivaling Bonaventure, Lafeyette, and The Ancient Burial Ground. I was so impressed that a paperback and ebook of the excursion will soon be released on Amazon. I'll let you know. 🕊