Saturday, August 3, 2024

MaMa Pumpkin is New Again


 While I'm cleaning out Vishnu's tank had to share the pumpkin at the front door. Last year Ron got me a big moonlight white pumpkin. It was too heavy for me to move, so she's been sitting by the front door between the holly all this time. It's been so hot that I have to water her. I've been using the water from the fishtanks. She's enormous. I had to drape her over the holly, otherwise we wouldn't be able to use the front door. My five dollar little market mums from last year and the morning glory that reseeds itself around the mailbox are also gigantic. Fishtank water is good stuff. I change their water once a week, about twenty-four cups. I have three small aquariums. I recycle it for my houseplants too. The Norfolk pine is stunning, and I had a bit of holly that I'd decked the halls with years ago that has to be transplanted outside as she has outgrown her pot.