Sunday, September 8, 2024

Dreams 9/8


 This dream took place in a movie theater with Ron's mother, Marie. We sat down in the dark and rather crowded theater and were watching a movie with Maureen O'Hara on a boat with a parrot, a scarlet Macaw. Then, suddenly the film cut off and another took its place with Barbara Eden. She was probably in her fifties. I was really enjoying the film, so was ticked off when it too switched off. I told Marie to wait for me, that I'd be back. I wanted to talk to the manager and get my money back. The concession area was busy. A girl was making something I didn't recognize, maybe a kind of funnel cake. There was also a boy who worked there, and I told them I wanted to speak to the manager. A tall man with wavy brown hair dressed in a white striped shirt and navy pants came out, and I told him the film had been cut off twice, and I wanted my money back. Just then, a man who looked just like him and was dressed the same only he was short and fat entered the area, and the other ran off. I asked if he was the manager or just an imposter. I was frustrated by now and wanted to get back to Marie. I couldn't find the theater. Things had changed. There was a dark haired boy at the far right end at a stand selling snacks. He said, "Now she's cute! Those little slippers! Want a french fry?" I asked where the theater was, and he said it was back by the bathroom. There was a small slot with a conveyor belt hidden next to the restrooms. I climbed on and rode it, sitting there with my big pink and green purse. I was wearing little black flats without socks. When I got off the conveyor I was in a dark spot with a young girl with short sandy hair and her date. I asked where the theater was, and she said she'd show me if I took her. I had lost my shoes, was barefoot, and picked my purse up off of the floor. I knew we were in theater number seven. The numbers were painted like a circus and surrounded by yellow and red stripes. There was no number seven, they stopped at six. I stopped a tall man that worked there and told him I was looking for the seventh theater and that a hundred-year-old lady was waiting there for me. He took me back to the concession area where I had been earlier, and I saw the first, tall, manager there, behind the food stand, hurrying down the hall. I yelled up at him, "There you are! Or are you the imposter?" I began Merlin's old Welsh Charm of Making from Excalibur and pointed two fingers at him while I gave him The Evil Eye. I was losing my voice, it cracked and wavered. He morphed into a thin man with long blonde hair and ran away. I went back to the theater area. I was wondering about driving home barefoot. There was another manger there who asked if I needed help. I told him that he wouldn't believe me. There was a yellow kiddie train and from it I heard Marie call out, "Where's Dana?" That's when I woke up still thinking it was all real.