Thursday, September 5, 2024

Dreams 9/5


 First I dreamed I was at the bank with Ron. For some reason I had folded my debit card up. Ron said I could get another for five dollars. I walked down a stark white hallway looking for a restroom. There were several rooms, but I couldn't tell what they were. A woman came out from behind a curtained stall, and I realized that was the toilet. The latch did not work. I was wearing tights underneath my pants so could not pull my pants down and hold the swinging door closed at the same time. I really had to go to the bathroom. A woman came out. I noticed there was a trash can to the right of my feet. There were two jackets, a purple windbreaker and a red wool school one with an embroidered patch. I told the woman about them, and she took them. 

  The following dream was a very good one. I was staying in a big Victorian house with a family of women, a mother with her three grown daughters. It seemed that there had been another daughter who had died of cancer when she was a teenager. I must've reminded them of her as the mother was adamant that I stayed. There was a brother, but he was the black sheep, this was a house of women. It reminded me of Little Women. One of the sisters and her brother had me put on the dead sister's lace underwear and parade around a cupboard door with two full-length mirrors. My hair was very short and I was very small. They could not believe how much I resembled their dead sister. I put a tight green corset over the little lace camisole. They took me into the brother's room which was full of fish tanks. I was crouched down peering into one that was overcrowded with three striped fish with long fins and an Oscar. I was thinking the Oscar would continue to outgrow the ten gallon tank and turn on the others. The brother was in the left hand corner of the room, there was a window and a deep sink like a laundry tub. The right side of the room had another huge aquarium fitted in the wall. I left the room and was with the mother in another room next door. It was breezy with purple and lavender drapes. The mother had short sandy hair. We were talking, and she fixed me a drink that she called a Sail. It was good, white and sweet like Godiva white chocolate liqueur. She told me something to the effect that they could not keep a man in the house, first there was her's, (she had mentioned his name, maybe Bertram), and now her daughter's. I cannot recall the daughters' names, although at least one of them had been mentioned twice, perhaps Adelle, Cecille, and Josephine, but I can't be sure. She asked about me, and I told her that both of my parents were dead and that my brother lived in their house. Her daughters joined us now. The mother was seated on a lounge with her feet tucked up underneath her. The girls were getting ready for their velvet party that they invited me to join, but I told them I'd rather read. I was thinking that I had plenty of red velvet at home to wear. They were wearing frothy white blouses with long Edwardian style skirts. I was going through a bottom drawer that was full of lacy apricot and cream colored things. We went downstairs to the foyer which was posh with carved dark woodwork. The youngest daughter's boyfriend was there, bald, chubby, with granny glasses, he was dressed immaculately in a Gatsby sort of way. The daughter was breaking up with him, and he was crushed and sad. He called her by name and queen of the fairies. I think I woke up as he left.