Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Dreams 10/3

 

First, I had gotten a job teaching at the mall. It was my first day, and I hadn't been there before. I had Little Pearl, my little green car, in the parking lot. Her trunk was loaded with hundreds of hard backed books I had purchased through the job. I've never been to this mall before, it was immense: nicer than any I've ever seen. The shops were unfamiliar. I was walking, walking, and walking. I had on fancy little flat shoes, and my feet were killing me. I was late when I went into the second dream. 

Now, I was at my parents' house, and it was night. I got into Little Pearl, but nearly crashed into Kelly's yard next door. She was swerving, and I had to put my hand down, out of the window, to avoid flipping over. I was driving and swerving, lost, as usual, when I came to a funny sort of bridge or something. The ground opened up, concrete stamps came down, and swallowed the car, like a garbage disposal. I was afraid, so sent Little Pearl without me and went to the other end to watch for her to come out. There was a swift moving creek, and a lady with long white hair in a long white gown with pink ribbons swept past. She looked like a Dame Darcy character, a spirit, or a faery. Waiting, Little Pearl never ascended, and I lapsed into the third dream. 

I was in Mummy's kitchen, and she was telling me about getting me more Leprechauns for Christmas. The phone rang, and it was my Aunt Nancy. At first Mummy was talking to her, but then, she put me on. Aunt Nancy asked if I had seen the Peter Pan poster at the airport she'd left for me. I told her I did. I had gotten her something Peter Pan and the black and white poster was her way of thanking me, only I hadn't known it when I saw it. Now, my brother was also in the room, and I had swatted a fly near the sink. I swatted another, big hairy one, and it's white head popped clean off. Mummy said it was the queen. 

Finally I was in an old-fashioned library with a small group of people I don't know in real life. One was an older man with a gray beard. I think he was our leader. Anyways, all the time we'd been meeting I had no idea there was a rummage shop owned by an older lady off to the left of the library. I found an original hard glossy plastic, almost like Lucite, Gene doll with a big red head and a bobbed hair-cut. She was like a shelf sitter with dangling legs made from beads and buttons. She had a little black hat. She was sitting on a glass shelf near another doll and a big wooden jewelry box. I wanted her but wasn't sure if I had enough money for her as she was over a hundred dollars. I was carrying her around and asked the lady if I didn't have all of the money for her if I could pay the remainder next week, and she agreed. Meanwhile I was still browsing and went to the back of the store. There, in a corner, on a round table was a little sailor doll in a light blue uniform with gold slippers that looked as if they had been added. They were garish, almost like tiny sequins, and certainly were not original to the doll. I picked him up. He was plastic, a bit bigger than Dawn Dolls, with rooted lashes. He resembled Cracker Jack in a lighter sailor suit. He had the cap. There was a man behind me, I assumed he was gay. Then, I went to the front of the store where a girl that looked a lot like the "Gene" doll, with an even redder bob, stopped me. She was dressed like a goth in a black pleated mini skirt that was too short for her, and black and white knee socks. She asked if I knew her, and said she was Sadie, a cousin's daughter. Now, I got in line to pay for the doll; it was very long, wrapping around, easy to lose your place. When I finally reached the front somebody had left a brown bag full of green and yellow swiggly gummy worms candy that the lady called MacKenzie Worms. She said I could have them, but I told her they were bad for my teeth. It appeared I did have all of the money for the doll, but I never got to pay her she was taking so long. I was standing there with Ron's mother's little blue with pink flowers silk purse from her wedding, I believe, waiting. I was about to tell her I had to get going or the group would leave without me, and I wouldn't know my way home when I woke. 

Dreams 5/14

 Dreamed that I was in a parking lot and somebody had a tub of iced tea sitting on the ground next to their car. I could not stop drinking i...