Thursday, June 29, 2023

Getty


 Getty didn't have to travel far to come home. I'm super excited to have her as I've heard she was a favorite doll in a classroom at Gettysburg College for years. Ron Paul got his under-grad degree at Gettysburg. I collect all sorts of dolls, but am partial to woodens, and Getty is my biggest wooden yet. I've been told her last owner made her apron. Getty is telling me it's been too long since I've been to Gettysburg. I used to go at least once a month when I lived in Pittsburgh, but now that I'm only an hour-and-a-half away I never seem to get there, anymore. Soon... She's not my only doll from Gettysburg. Tilly, the antique blonde china head from Worseley's, is one of my favorite dolls. When I bought her I thought she was just a common china, from the thirties, but have since discovered she's Victorian from a fine maker, and a lot nicer doll than I thought.